Come join us in a fun and exciting RP site!
We suggest the use of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as internet browsers.
Come join us in a fun and exciting RP site!
We suggest the use of Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as internet browsers.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ChatboxChatbox  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Hello and welcome to Ryuujin Inshi! Enjoy creating your own RP as well as joining other's! There are little to no limitations when it comes to creating an RP. Here at Ryuujin Inshi, we want you all to have a beyond great experience! We hope you are all having a great time. If you have any issues or see any problems with the site be sure to tell it to an Admin so it can get fixed quickly! Tell your friends and family that like to RP about us because the larger our member count, the better the RP experience!
Ryuujin iMix
Click here to listen to music while you browse the forum.
Latest topics
» The Coven of Thy Chat
Monster Business EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 2:42 am by vampireo_oboy

» Newbie Battle Training
Monster Business EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 5:07 pm by Shemeirah

» Sir Valentine's personas
Monster Business EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 1:10 pm by Sir Valentine

» So what's going on?
Monster Business EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 9:23 pm by Sir Valentine

» My inactivity
Monster Business EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 9:46 pm by Sir Valentine

» DnD RP
Monster Business EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:22 pm by hakai

» Darkestmoon
Monster Business EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 2:35 am by Alicethegreat

» Care to ring the bell?
Monster Business EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 1:48 am by Alicethegreat

» Edit Shop ^^
Monster Business EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 10:35 pm by Sir Valentine

Forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Affiliates
free forum
Translator

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Monster Business

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ink
Ink
Uprising Star
Uprising Star

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 7:31 pm

((Monster Business Characters. The RP is loosely based on an original story of mine. The protagonists of said story are Sven and Juni. The RP is broken down into episodes. The list is below and will be updated as the RP progresses. I myself RP in a bit of a warped style for this. One that you DO NOT have to imitate. I don't expect you to. Each of the NPC's (save for a couple of lesser ones) have their own story arc which generally occupies about five episodes at minimum, ten max. You don't have to do this for your characters if you do not want to. You can create and submit your own ideas for episodes and I'll work with you on weaving it in and when it will be used as in what Episode Number it'll start with and end with.))

Things to Consider
Is the character a part of the Alpha Division (Top Tier) or the Gamma Division (Bottom Tier)?
Should my character have an ability?/Is my character's ability too powerful?
What possible arcs can I develop for my character?
((Note: The Division is subject to change later in the RP))

Episodes:

((This first post is an almost direct excerpt from the story so forgive that it's a little long))

The Imperial Academy; one of the most prestigious military schools on the planet. Students received only the best education possible, conditioning them to successful careers. As much as it was an honor to graduate from this school, the greater honor was to be accepted. Acceptance is no small feat. The school prides itself on its ability to pick out the top of the crop, so to speak. The get in, a student has to have a special something. Something that makes them stand out. Something exemplary about their character one looks up to. Something that people notice from the second they lay eyes on you. It was this exact something that Sven Vargas didn't have. So why would this most picky of schools allow him admission? It was anyone's mystery. Perhaps there was simply a system hiccup. Or perhaps someone just happens to admire Sven that much.

Sven wasn't tall. He was actually rather short. He wasn't a genius by any stretch of the imagination. His I.Q was slightly above average at best. His combative prowess, looks, physique, even his people skills were all just average. But it was on this day that the most plain student in the school would be graduating beside hoards of the most intelligent, most well equipped students alive. Indeed this was a proud day for him as he stood there atop the outdoor platform and accepted his diploma. He could see his mother sitting there, clapping with a cheek-to-cheek smile spread across her face.

That evening at dinner, the table was quiet as they sat opposite one another. When the silence finally broke, courtesy of Sven's mother, Sven looks up rather awkwardly.

Harriett: Sweetie, you haven't said a word since we got home.

Sven: O-oh? Sorry. I must have been thinking over everything.

Harriett: You're nervous about being officially assigned next week as 'Lieutenant Sven Vargas' of the Imperial Assault Force.

Sven says nothing in response. Admittedly, he did like the sound of Lieutenant Sven Vargas but the Imperial Assault Force was a different story. Only the most elite students from the Academy, the Academy that is entirely composed of elitists, were assigned to the Force. What had he done that was special enough to have him assigned to it? Was he really worth it?

Sven: Just...thinking all I've done to get me this far. Really looking forward to the Force.

That next week, Sven stands at the door to his father's office. Commander Nikolai Vargas of the Imperial Assault Force. There was no way a simply blood connection to the Commander would be enough to ensure Sven's spot on this most elite of teams. Something else was going on. Nonetheless, Sven knocks lightly on the door and he is called in.

Commander: Ah, Lieutenant. No doubt you're here for your official assignment.

This was Sven's chance. Now, more than ever, he would have to show is dedication to what he was doing. Whether or not he felt he was sufficient for the job, it was his presence that mattered.

Sven: (stands at attention and salutes) Yes Sir! Lieutenant Sven Vargas, reporting for duty!

Commander: Good. Good! Now straighten that back and display the confidence I know you have. Anyway, Lieutenant, there's something that you ought to know.

Sven: Oh? What's that, sir?

Commander: You aren't assigned to the Imperial Assault Force.

Sven: Oh, is that right? Wait, WHAT?!

Commander: Lietenant Vargas, as of now you are assigned to the Chroma Falls Assault Force.

Sven stares at his father in disbelief as he continues. He...he was serious about this! Sven had been told up front on the day of his graduation that his assignment was to the Imperial Assault Force. He'd never even heard of the Chroma Falls Assault Force.

Sven: Chroma Falls?! Now, wait just a minute!

Commander: It's one of our lesser branches. One of their members recently left and they needed another. They requested we send our best warrior. So I recommended you personally.

Sven: B-but, isn't Chroma Falls-

Commander: Yes, it's a larger city. To be honest, I think you'll fit in fine there. You'll make us proud!

Sven: I...do not believe this...

Sure enough, Sven finds himself at the harbor that next morning, standing with his mother and father as the ferry sounds its whistle. He was about to embark on quite the adventure. He'd never been away from Undella Bay. He was a man now and was ready to face whatever challenge he was presented. As his mother hands him a small music box, his father nods in approval.

Commander: Make us proud, Lieutenant. Show them the Spirit of a Knight.

Sven: (Nods) Yes sir. I will. (Then turns and walks off, climbing the stairs onto the ferry shortly before its departure)

The trip had lasted for four or so days. It was quite the bustle aboard the steam driven boat. Chroma Falls was a major spot for tourism. It was seen as a sort of melting pot of the world. Everyone was so different and came from all over to start lives here. It wasn't like the many smaller cities and towns in most of the western regions. Everything was bigger and more vibrant. It was livelier and, at times, chaotic. But that wasn't the only thing to be said about Chroma Falls. There were darker secrets and tensions all hidden away deep down in the roots of this city whose buildings reach for the heavens.

The ferry was just arriving and many of its passengers were out on the deck, taking pictures as they neared the harbor. There was a building there under construction. It was setting up to be the tallest man-made structure in the world, Haven Tower. Everyone could sees its gaze cast over the city from the boat. Many sat there on the deck and stared in awe as some took snapshots using these basic image capture devices. The new technologies were turning up by the bundle these days. Sven was one of the man to stand on the deck, admiring this amazing sight as the ferry drew nearer to the docks.

Sven: (Nods to himself) I'll show them all the Spirit of a Knight.

((Feel free to just post about what your character is doing at the time. It doesn't have to be related to Sven or anything. It is common knowledge around HQ that there's a new member on the way))
Back to top Go down
K.Dracone
K.Dracone
Admin-Tech Head
Admin-Tech Head

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 8:31 pm

(Click Here For information on Frax)

Frax, stood firm and tall at 6'2"and he was appointed by his Commander that he would be dispatched from the Defense Unit and provide assistance to Chroma Falls. It was a shocker to Frax because he knew he was suppose to be sent to one of the sub divisions either Alpha or Gamma Division but instead he was being sent straight to the top so to speak. He didn't second guess the commander's authority and instead listened and obeyed.

"Understood Sir!"

Frax nodded giving his reply. He was sent off with some information papers given by the Commander. He headed to his barracks retrieving his Greatsword which had a golden coated hilt and the blade made out of red metal material. He situated it on his back and swung his supply bag over his shoulder. Saying his goodbye's to his comrades and friends on the way out. He knew he wasn't the only being sent to Chroma Falls due to some of others that he knew was coming along with him. He wondered what the situation could be. Whatever it was though he was prepared.

"Frax Aurobane of the Alpha Division."

He spoke those words to the person in charge of letting people on the Ferry that was to set sail to Chroma Falls. Upon getting on the Ferry, he settled his items down in his cabin and sat on the edge of the bed reading the paper given to him by his Commander.

Frax Aurobane,

You are being sent to Chroma Falls to work under either Captain Allison or Commander Don. You have no war experience besides training but due to your amazing displays you are required to work in the first line of defense. This means you will always be on duty and required to keep up with any meetings assigned by any Captain, Commander, or Lieutenant. I'm sure you'll be told this things as well by one or the other. Don't be troubled that you have been immediately sent to the main division Chroma Falls because you have been sent there due to us knowing you have what it takes. Stay strong and forever remember what you fight for.

Alpha Division
Back to top Go down
https://rpgdragons.rpg-board.net/
Ink
Ink
Uprising Star
Uprising Star

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 9:17 pm

Sven stands aboard the ferry as it nears the port and he steps out when it docks at long last. He nearly yelled out in excitement at his new assignment. Luckily he caught himself as he realized that people weren't supposed to know he was a part of the Defense Unit. He then walks through registration and looks at his identification. He was now officially in Chroma Falls legally and was fully ready to head out...of course he'd have to wait for his ride. He knew someone was supposed to be picking up the new guy of the Defense Unit. He figured, however, that he'd observe the city in the mean time.

The clothing was so different to what he was used to. The people were so varied. Height, skin tone, build, they were all so diverse. Suddenly he hears a voice. But it was strangely familiar to him. He then turns around to see a blonde young woman standing behind him in a long, blue coat with her hands in her pockets.

Sven: Y-yes?

Woman: I can tell from your clothing, you aren't from around here. I'm looking for someone. A couple of someones, actually. You wouldn't happen to be Frax Aurbane or Sven Vargas would you?

Sven: Yes ma'am. I'm Sven Vargas. Is something wrong?

Allison: Quite the contrary. I am Allison Chance, I've been sent to pick you up. And is the other one around at all?
Back to top Go down
K.Dracone
K.Dracone
Admin-Tech Head
Admin-Tech Head

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 9:33 pm

Frax was able to see that it had arrived at Chroma Falls. He parted from the people he acquainted with on the ship ride and headed down to his cabin. He once again situated his Greatsword on his back and slung his supply bag over his right shoulder. With his left hand he looked at the piece of paper once more to remind himself where specific important locations were in Chroma Falls. He folded the paper and slipped into a pocket. He walked off the ferry.

"I'll be on constant duty here at Chroma Falls so I should find either Allison or Don first before settling in."

Frax walked around asking just a few people if they knew Captain Allison Chance or Commander Don and if so where they would be. To his luck one of the people he questioned was able to spot Allison talking with another young gentleman. Frax thanked the individual and walked slightly hasty to her location.

"Captain Chance, I'm a newcomer and my name is Frax Aurobane. I was sent here under direct orders and I was to meet with you."

He bowed forward in respect and then stood tall and firm before her.

Back to top Go down
Ink
Ink
Uprising Star
Uprising Star

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 9:40 pm

Allison: (Sighs) Well, that is convenient and all but please do remember, we're in a public facility. Lots of civilians. Don't call me Captain here, all right?

Sven: W-wait, YOU'RE the-

Allison: Hmhm. Why so surprised? Is it because I'm a woman?

Sven: No ma'am! Absolutely not! (Salutes) Sven Vargas, reporting for duty!

Allison laughs inwardly as she curls her hair on her finger. This boy reminded her of someone. No, that wasn't it. But there was something peculiar about him. Could she simply be analyzing this too closely? She then turns, facing an automobile before her. A light blue vehicle with a sleek steel frame. It was certainly an expensive looking piece of machinery.

Allison: I admire your enthusiasm. Now, follow me to the care if you please. (Turns and walks off) So, you boys come to us with rather high recommendation. Care to tell me about about yourselves?
Back to top Go down
K.Dracone
K.Dracone
Admin-Tech Head
Admin-Tech Head

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 10:01 pm

Frax's eye's opened just slightly, surprised that she didn't want to be called Captain. It wasn't something he was accustomed to.

"Oh excuse me, I can assure you it won't happen again, ma'am."

He noted the other guy next to him. He called himself Sven. Frax extended his left hand for the handshake as his right hand was occupied with him carrying his supply bag.

Frax Aurbane. Nice to meet you Sven, it seems we might be close partners in the near future.

Frax followed Allison to the car and sat in the back seat placing his supply bag on his legs. He then responded to Allison's request.

"As you know my name is Frax Aurbane. I'm fresh from the boot camp and it's my first time actually being assigned within a division. Please don't let that discourage you however, I can assure you that I won't disappoint. Currently, I fight using the great sword and it's the only weapon I've known for all my years in training. I'm prepared and eager to be given my orders."

Back to top Go down
Ink
Ink
Uprising Star
Uprising Star

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 10:24 pm

Sven: Boot Camp? I didn't go through that.

Allison: You weren't required to, Lietenant. You went through the Imperial Academy route. The both of you will be getting your assignments soon. We'll be at HQ very shortly.

Near the end of the drive, the car pulls off of the road and into an alley. Parking in a shady garage, Allison circles around the entire space. How curious that there were no other vehicles. However, it wasn't common to see many automobiles in one place, even in a city where most of the population was wealthy enough to afford them. Finally the car stops in a specific spot and Allison removes her hands from the wheel.

As mystified as Sven was, he was more concerned, at the moment, with her behavior. She was sitting there in a stuppor, staring off into space before a loud thud suddenly snaps her out of it. The source of the sound is soon revealed as the car begins to lower, the spot beneath it having been an elevator of some nature.

Sven: W-w-what's going on?!

Allison: Oh, it's only a quick elevator trip down from the garage to the Assault Force Headquarters. We're going to meet with the Commander. You'll be given your place of residence and briefed on your cover and assignment.

Sven: Cover? I thought this branch was dedicated to fending off threats created by monsters.

Allison: It is. And that is exactly the point. If people know who we are, they could easily target us. PARAGON is still technically a branch of Law Enforcement. The secrecy works to protect the people as well as ourselves. Besides, most people treat the Defense Unit less like an operation and more like superheroes. We wouldn't get a single waking second to ourselves if everyone knew. Hmhm.

The elevator comes to a stop and Allison drives off of the platform, allowing it to get back to its position up top as she gets out of the vehicle. She then leads Sven down a short tunnel until they arrive in a large, dome shaped room. A man then enters from the opposite side with his hands behind his back and his shades covering his eyes.

Allison: Commander. This is Frax Aurbane, the recruit from the Boot Camp. The other is Sven Vargas of the Imperial Academy. He's our new recruit from Undella Bay.

Sven: (Salutes) Lieutenant Sven Vargas, reporting!
Back to top Go down
K.Dracone
K.Dracone
Admin-Tech Head
Admin-Tech Head

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 10:42 pm

Frax was astonished at everything that was going on. It was like instead of working directly for an army he'd be working undercover in some type of secret operative unit.

Monsters? You mentioned monsters Sven. I'm starting to take it that being here in Chroma Falls is a lot more serious than I thought. I was sent with little information regarding this area..

He exited the vehicle and followed Allison to the room noticing the man. He knew this must have been the commander she mentioned. He bowed quickly.

"It's an honor to be in your presence Commander! Frax Aurbane, ready for duty!"
Back to top Go down
Ink
Ink
Uprising Star
Uprising Star

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 10:53 pm

Commander Doc: Ah, so you're the guys we've been waiting on? Good. Brock's been waiting for his new punching bags.

Sven: W-what?

Doc: Hahaha! Don't you worry, kid, I'm only kiddin' with ya!

Sven: O-oh?

Doc: Tracey's the one needs a new punching bags.

Sven: Eh?!

Allison: Commander, go easy on them. You don't want to scare them away on the first day of the job, do you?

Doc: You're right, you're right. So then, kid, welcome aboard. As Ms. Chance has said, I am Commander Doc. But I don't exactly like to be too formal around here so try to lighten up, huh?

Sven: Uh...yes sir?

Doc: So? I'm sure you two have plenty of questions, right?
Back to top Go down
K.Dracone
K.Dracone
Admin-Tech Head
Admin-Tech Head

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 11:34 pm

Particularly dumbfounded he looks over at Allison and then back to Commander Doc. As he straightens his body from his bowing position.

"I must say Sir, a lot of this comes as a shock to me, I'm not quite sure what my duty is here in Chroma Falls anymore. There was talk about monsters and now instead of meeting with a group of my fellow army men, I'm here alone in what seems to be a secret underground base. What is the issue here at Chroma Falls and my duty?"
Back to top Go down
Ink
Ink
Uprising Star
Uprising Star

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:07 am

Doc: Allison, you love answering this question.

Allison: You see, the Chroma City Defense Unit is a branch of PARAGON. PARAGON is something I'm sure you've heard of because everyone has heard of the Imperial Assault Force. Recently, Chroma Falls has been the target of a mysterious outbreak of monster, few of which are even native to the area.

Doc: In other words, we were in need of troops. We sent out to your boot camp and the Imperial Assault Force for their best warriors. Are you them?

Sven: I...Well...
Back to top Go down
K.Dracone
K.Dracone
Admin-Tech Head
Admin-Tech Head

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:16 am

Frax nodded as his eyes marked with determination. He understood now what the letter meant by him being qualified to come here. He was prepared and not fearful of the task at hand.

"Yes sir! I'm prepared to take on all task and accomplish my duties without the slightest hint of failure!"

His entire body expression showed that he indeed meant what he said. He looked over to Sven who seemed to be a little uneasy. Frax placed his hand on his shoulder and nodded to him.

I'm sure you were chosen like I was due to us being capable of handling the matter at hand. You have what it takes.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Ink
Uprising Star
Uprising Star

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:50 am

Sven: Huh? Oh, no, I'm willing to give it my absolute best! But I still sort of confused...

Allison: That's only natural, Lieutenant. You were expecting to be assigned to the Imperial Assault Force, no doubt. Believe me when I say that this isn't all that different. It's just a bit more laid back when things are generally calm.

Doc: Well, anyway, I look forward to seeing what you boys can contribute to our happy little brigade. Here. (Hands each young man an envelope) In there are the addresses to your apartments. Same complex, different rooms. A few other members of the crew live there. Also, those have the addresses to your cover jobs. You'll work at those until you're contacted. You may go now.

At that, the two are practically shoved out the door and back into the hallway to the elevator. Sven blinks for a moment in confusion and opens his envelope. So he'd be working at the market. It made sense at least. Before long, he found himself in the elevator, on the way up with Frax and walked off the second it stopped back in the garage.

Sven: My assignment from back home said I was going to be Captain. That's weird...

Suddenly a clash of gunfire roars over the city streets and two crooks race by, nearly knocking him over and waving their guns around to scare people out of their way. In hot pursuit was an officer in a police automobile with the siren blaring.

Sven: What in-?! (Registers what's happening and rushes off after the crooks) Hold it right there, villains!
Back to top Go down
K.Dracone
K.Dracone
Admin-Tech Head
Admin-Tech Head

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:54 pm

Frax, took up his supply bag and accepted the envelope and opened reading the information. He was assigned to work at metalwork shop. He thought it not such a bad thing due to him having some skills in the metalworking field.

What a surprise I didn't expect any of this to happen, but it seems we have our work made out for us. What's your number assignment for your apar-

Frax gets cut off from the robbers commotion. Dropping his bag, he quickly places the envelope and it's letter in his pocket and dashes forward towards the robbers.

If you stop now, you'll be saving yourself from harsher punishment! Drop your weapons and surrender!

Frax wasn't afraid of the guns the robbers held. In his mind he kept reminding himself he was undercover and shouldn't use his Greatsword at a time like this. He continued to run forward gaining on the robbers
Back to top Go down
Ink
Ink
Uprising Star
Uprising Star

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:50 pm

Sven manages to make his way around the building just in time to cut off both criminals who stop dead in their tracks, preparing to turn and run in the opposite direction when they see the Frax at the other end.

Crook1: Crap...

Crook2: We don't have a choice...Shoot the little runt so we can get outta here! (Points directly at Sven who steps back in confusions)

Crook1: (holds up his gun toward Sven who finds himself closed in on both sides by the alley and there was no way he'd be able to duck in time. Pulls the trigger)

Just as the twin bullets leave the chamber, Sven attempts to remove himself from their path. It all happens in a flash but it still seemed as though time had slowed when he saw what happened next. A woman in red appears through the wall with a crimson red shield that she uses to expertly deflect the bullets. She was like a ghost with long, white hair. In one fluent motion, she turns herself and throws the shield, hitting both crooks in the head hard enough to take away their consciousness.

Sven: W-what? Did that girl just...run through a wall?

Woman: Hmph...Troublesome.

Sven: Uh...T-thanks.

Woman: Do not thank me. This is very much your own fault, is it not, Lieutenant?

Sven: What? Wait, how do you-

Woman: I saw you enter the Headquarters with Allison and I heard we were getting a new member. I am Willow.
Back to top Go down
K.Dracone
K.Dracone
Admin-Tech Head
Admin-Tech Head

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:02 pm

Frax gets ready to sling off his Greatsword with his hand on it's hilt while the weapon is still sheathed to attack the criminals. He then stops all action as he notices the girl suddenly come in to play.

"Lot's of unexpected things are happening.. This will take some getting used to."-
"Now you realized you should have listened to me and stopped running foolish criminals!"

Frax walked in haste approaching their fallen bodies and grabbed them both by the shirt with a single hand and picked them up turning them over on their front so the cops could cuff and arrest them. He then turns around and walks towards Sven and Willow.

"Your help is appreciated miss, I guess you're also working under Commander Doc or Captain Chance?"

Back to top Go down
Ink
Ink
Uprising Star
Uprising Star

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:16 pm

Willow merely stands tall at last, revealing her height to actually be not much taller than Sven who stood at around 5'4". She then turns and picks up her shield without a word, it having bounced from the walls of the alley and landed there between her and the crooks.

Willow: Both. Anyone who works under Allison too works under The Commander. Everyone in this branch works under the Commander himself. It is the meaning held by the title.

Sven: E-excuse me but...you said before that this was MY fault?

Willow: (stares directly ahead at nothing in particular) That is correct.

Sven: HOW?

Willow: (turns and faces Sven) Did you not recklessly decide to become involved in a dangerous situation without any idea what you would do should you catch these felons? Clearly you developed no strategy beyond standing at the end of this small alleyway unarmed and without ample room to avoid enemy fire.

Sven: W-well, when you put it like that...

Willow: You would do well to exercise caution, Lieutenant. This city is very dangerous and unpredictable at times. I must be going now. Goodbye. (Turns and leaves)

Sven stands at the end of the alleyway as Willow disappears around the corner. Turning his head, he sees the police in the process of apprehending the two crooks then walks away, still puzzled as to what'd just happened. He'd heard that there were people with peculiar abilities but he never imagined it was something that bizarre.
Back to top Go down
K.Dracone
K.Dracone
Admin-Tech Head
Admin-Tech Head

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:32 pm

Frax notes the harsh truth spoken to Sven. Though true, Frax enjoys team effort and as such this situation seemed to be that of teamwork. He turned around to walk back in the direction at which he had dropped his supply bag. Before leaving he spoke to Sven.

"Lieutenant, always remember you never have to do things alone. The help of friends and comrades can help one achieve far greater things than he can imagine."

Frax walked down the street eventually reaching his supply bag and slings it over his right shoulder. He noticed a girl seemingly looking at him but turned away soon as he noticed. He turned to the left and headed to the direction of his apartment. There he hoped to meet some good people.

"Room number 442..."

He had reached his apartment and now took the stairs reaching the 4th floor and then walked down the hall to his door. He took the key out of the envelope and unlocked the door inside was a neat well sized room for two. He noted there was someone else inside.

"Hello you are..?"
(Click Here for information regarding Lias)

Lias:
He turned in his seat facing Frax as he was writing something on paper.
"Oh! Are you my roomie?! It's about time you got here. I'm Lias. Lias Einford! Glad to meet you. What's your name?"
Lias sprung up from his chair to help Frax with his items.

Frax:
He couldn't help but smile at Lias' response. He moved towards the side that had nothing besides a bed and table.
"My name is Frax Aurbane. It's nice meeting you as well Lias. It seems I'll have a rather enjoyable roommate for my time here in Chroma Falls."
Frax took out some items from his bag and began to setup his side of the room.
"How long have you been here for? I just arrived today actually but even so, so much has happened in just a few hours."

Lias:
After helping Frax sort around his items he went and sat backwards in his chair, his arms slung over the backrest.
"Just got here today? Wow, I've been here for a full week actually. You must already be aware that we are working to exterminate these uprising of monsters huh? A lot of it goes on. Practically everyday if you want to put it into a time frame. But hey! Who cares about that right now we should get to know each other more. Where did you come from? You're like half my size so you must be a serious and an ideal figure from wherever you came from! "
Lias spoke hurriedly but clearly showing his excitement in finally meeting his roommate. A smile was marked across his face and he gave Frax his full attention

Frax:
Well I guess I can't deny your excitement. I'm glad to have such a lively partner.
Frax then began to give details to Lias. About where he came from, and why he choose to join the army and so much more. They talked for quite a long while getting to know each other more. It was the start of something nice.
Back to top Go down
Ink
Ink
Uprising Star
Uprising Star

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:22 pm

He later arrives in a smaller area of town with cozy looking housing and a nice community feel as less people walked the streets. There was a library nearby, a small market, a fountain, even a small park. He felt at home here. Inside, Sven walked through the halls of the building. It was a small apartment complex. Small but comfy. His room was on the second floor.

Sven: All right, according to this, my quarters are on the second floor. I just need to find the-

Suddenly a door flies open and a young woman rushes out, knocking Sven over by accident and falling herself as well. She manages to collect herself and quickly shut the door before Sven comes back around, rubbing his head.

Sven: Ow...I feel like I was just rammed by an elephant.

Girl: S-sorry about that! I just, um...I was in a real big rush is all. Here! Le'me just...(stands and dusts herself off then helps Sven to his feet) Real sorry about that. I'm Juniper. Do you live here or-

Sven: Actually, I do. My name is Sven Vargas.

Juniper: Oh, for real? Well then, I guess we're neighbors. Pleasure to meet ya!

Sven: Likewise. But, if you don't mind my asking, where were you in such a rush to get to? The exit is in the opposite direction.

Juniper: Oh, well I was headed out to meet someone. See, I work at the market and I was told someone new was coming in soon but I was a bit late getting back and I had to feed my pet. I'm on my way up there to meet him now.

Sven: Oh, is that it? Well, actually, I'm moving in today.

Juniper: What?! YOU'RE the New Guy?!

Sven: Eh? Juniper, you know about 'the new guy'?

Juniper: Well yeah but...this isn't what I expected at all. Well, anyway, a real treat to meet'cha! I'm sure we'll be best buds!

Sven: I hopes so. I look forward to working with you.

Juniper: Well, aren't you a gentleman! But you can call me Juni. Everyone does. Aside from workin' at the market, I'm the Commander's and Allison's personal secretary. Oh, that reminds me. Allison wanted me to have her gun sent to be polished. Ah, 'scuse me Venny. Oh, you don't mind if I call you that do you? I dunno, Sven just sounds so...plain. Ah, not to say it's a bad name! I like your name! But doesn't Venny just sound flashy? Oh, I'm ramblin' again. Ehehe...hm. All right, we'll, I better get to gettin'. See ya later, Venny! (Turns and runs off)

Sven: (Blinks in confusion) My, what an energetic girl. But she seems nice. But what was it she said about me not being what she expected?
Back to top Go down
Dirk_Strider
Dirk_Strider
Fluent Mind
Fluent Mind

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 4:49 pm

Within the confines of the room number 501 , Schwarz was sitting on the bed. His two pairs of swords out on the table. He was examining them over , it was tedious work . But still he couldn't have them break or chip in the midst of a battle or training. His attitude wasn't something to be admire especially when it came to all this partying and grouping. HE never cared for it , but if he didn't want to get kicked out. Not just yet anyway , he still had need for them . His acceptance into the unit was unexpected but it he welcomed the opportunity to further his goals. He cringed as he managed to cut his arm bending over to pick the cloth. That was the third time that day he cut himself , he rolled his eyes. He had to get use to where the blade was or he would end up killing himself.

It's been a month or two since i've been here. I haven't even bothered to learn the chain of command's name. Hmm... oh well. If i keep being nameless and doing the slightly above the bare minimum. I can at least guarantee to have access to there network.

He was somewhat deep in thought and by sheer muscle memory , put his equipment away and ready for quick and easy access. He was in his civilians clothes. A simple shirt and a pair of pants. He saw the trickle of blood running down , and sighed yet again . He took out a roll of gauze and wrapped his arm in it. He always kept a hand roll around . He took out his Crimson armor. He checked it for any sign of damage and rust. He set it up on the desk , and laid down on the bed. He stared up at the ceiling waiting for time to pass.
Back to top Go down
K.Dracone
K.Dracone
Admin-Tech Head
Admin-Tech Head

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Frax and Lias just finished their long conversation getting to know each other better. Specifically their places of birth, why they decided to join the army, what weapons and abilities they had, and things in the future if they were ever to team up.

Lias:
He turned around in his chair and was faced back towards his paper and started writing on the piece of paper again. It was a letter for his parents back at home. He looked over to notice Frax gathering some things.
"Hm? You're not staying here with me?"

Frax:
"I'd like to chat more but I have a job at the metalwork shop. So i'll be making many metal based products for various things I'm sure."
Frax was no longer in his armor clothing (like in his picture) but instead in an engineer's like outfit. Grayish shirt and pants with black gloves on his hands.

Lias:
"Oh cool! Hey, if you can, why don't you make me a weapon that is made out of red metal to! Your Greatsword looks fantastic-ulous!"

Frax:
"Haha sure why not. Although it'll be a bit of challenge seeing as your Greatsword is quite different. I'll see what I can do though."

Frax heads out the room and walks down the stairs leaving the apartment. He walks himself to the workshop and upon reaching he states his name and shows his admission sheet for the job.

Rufus: "Alright so you're finally here. I'm Rufus, the boss of this workshop. To the left of me you can find the board where all the job assignments are placed. Basically what type of metal products are in need of making. When you choose a job just stick one of those pins on the board and it'll let us know someone's working on it. That's about all you need to know, so let's get to work!"

Frax: "Simple enough I'll get right to work!"

Frax walks over to the board and looks over at the board and spots an assignment to craft a red metal based hammer for a particular client. He thought to himself he'd spend some overtime in order to at least get started on Lias' Greatsword after he finishes the hammer. He goes and gather the material for the hammer. He notices a woman standing at the front of the shop. He gets up from his seat and walks to the counter.

Frax: "Hello miss, is there something I can do for you?"

Woman: "Yes actually. I sent a request order for a Adamantium
Greatsword. My name is Yarissa"

Frax: "Oh? Well I just started working here today. I'll ask the guys in the back."
Frax asks around in the back for anyone who was making an Adamantium Greatsword for a woman named Yarissa. One of the workers confessed and showed him the greatsword. It was, huge. about 4-5 inches more than his own. Frax asked to handle the distribution as it was too heavy for the worker. The weapon was nicely wrapped in a type of cloth. Frax carried it to the front and handed it to the Yarissa.

Frax: Are you sure you can handle such a weapon? It's rather large and heavy.

Yarissa: Just because I'm a woman you think I can't handle it? Toss it to me!

Frax: Oh no sorry I didn't mean to offend you.. It's just I've never seen any woman handle such a large greatsword. It's rather impressive that you can handle this weapon
He tosses the weapon towards her.

Yarissa: She catches the weapon by the hilt area and rest it horizontally over her shoulders.
Well i'm sure I could surprise you a lot more. See you around...?

Frax: Frax. Frax Aurbane
He smiled giving his name.

Yarissa:
She smiled back and took her leave
Back to top Go down
Ink
Ink
Uprising Star
Uprising Star

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 7:39 pm

The very next morning, Sven reads over his assignment. Gamma Division. It sounded important to be certain. His cover would be to work as the cleaning boy around the police station. It only made him wonder what everyone else's covers were. Having finally arrived at his place of work, he rings the bell up front and the same energetic girl from before speeds around from the back and takes her place behind the counter.

Juni: Terribly sorry, si- Oh, hey Venny. Here bright'n early, huh?

Sven: Of course. You shall come to expect no less from a knight.

Juni: Huh?

Sven: Well, I am a Knight-in-Training.

Juni: Wait, for real?! I love knights! (Starts to daydream and stare off into space) Taking up their swords in the name of honor. Always ready to forfeit their lives in the face of evil. Some day I'm gonna sport my own sword and shield.

Sven: J-Juni?

Juni: OH! S-sorry, I wander off like that every now and then. My bad.
Back to top Go down
K.Dracone
K.Dracone
Admin-Tech Head
Admin-Tech Head

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 1:42 am

The next day came and it was morning time. Frax awoke from his sleep looking at the time seeing it was time to prepare to get ready for work once more. He got up from his bed seeing Lias still completely knocked out on his bed having a comfortable sleep. After eating some breakfast Frax headed out for work once more.

Frax: "Hopefully I can finish Lias' request today I got most of it done yesterday.

While walking across the street down the alley way he spotted a thug trying to rob a helpless old man. Frax immediately sprang into action and ran down the alley.

Frax: You there! Stop what you're doing!

Thug: And wha' are you gonna do about it?! The thug pushed the old man aside and pulled a pocket knife and leaps forward in attempt to stab Frax right below his chest.

Frax: ....
Frax expertly stops his hand by gripping his attacking wrist with his left hand and squeezes and twists it hard enough making him drop the weapon. He then slings out a heavy right punch to the thugs face initially knocking him out.
You should find a better hobby..

Frax walked over to the old man helping him up glad to see he didn't have any major damages. With that he left the scene and continued on his way to work,

Yarissa: Watching from the opposite side of the alley way she smiled and waited for Frax to reach her position.
"Not bad, I see you're pretty capable yourself"

Frax: O-oh! It's you the woman from yesterday, um Yarissa. Well yes as you can see I'm pretty tough as well though I particularly don't like to do things on my own.

Yarissa: Is that right? Well i wish I could say the same but people tend to get in my way. Doesn't mean I'm not a team player though, I don't mind. Looking at your outfit getup I assume you're going to the metalwork huh?

Frax: Yes I am. It's where I work everyday except on weekends. Care to join me?

Yarissa: She smiled and turned in the direction he would be headed. Sure, I have nothing else to do.

They walked together to the metalwork shop and had little unimportant conversations. As Frax reached there he invited Yarissa over to his apartment to hang out with he and Lias. He felt as if she was a very cool person to hang out with. She accepted the offer and left on her own way.

Last edited by K.Dracone on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ink
Ink
Uprising Star
Uprising Star

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:38 am

Suddenly the front door opens and there in the doorway is a rather tall young man in a red jacket with a massive sword in a harness on his back. As he approaches the front desk, he sees Sven standing there and glances over him.

???: Hey there, intern. This your new squeeze?

Sven: Squeeze?

Juni: Tracey, it wouldn't hurt you to learn my name you know...and NO!

Tracey: Oh yeah, sorry. Forgot. Julie, right?

Juni: That's...closer than Natasha.

Tracey: Take it that was my last guess? Anyway, who's the kid? What's he doing in here? Kid, you lost or something?

Sven: Who, me? Actually, I'm not-

Tracey: You're not supposed to be in here, ya know. If you want, she can help you find wherever you're lookin' for.

Juni: He isn't some kid, Tracey. He works around the station. Just started today.

Tracey: WHAT?! This small-fry?! Oh no, Doc ain't gettin' away with this one! What the heck would putting twelve year-olds on the payroll make us look like?!

Sven: Twelve?

Tracey: Let's go, kid, you're coming with me. (Grabs a hold of Sven by the wrist and drags him off to the back)

Sven: Wayah! Juni, help!

Juni: Sorry, Venny, I can't help! Once he's riled up- (winces when the door is slammed, cutting her off) -Nothin' can stop him. (sighs) Well, at least it'll get more interestin' around here.
Back to top Go down
K.Dracone
K.Dracone
Admin-Tech Head
Admin-Tech Head

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:03 am

Frax was busy finishing up the red metal design for Lias. He had finished the hammer already and it was sitting in storage awaiting for it's owner to arrive. After a awhile Rufus, his boss takes a seat near him while working on a piece of metal himself.

Rufus: It's good to see your managing it well here as a newcomer Frax. Have you made a lot of metal creations in your time??

Frax: Well, actually I created my own Greatsword. I know the basics to metalwork but I'm nowhere near the best yet. This job should help me with that I rather enjoy it. Say, if this place were to be attacked by.. I don't know, let's say monsters do you have emergency procedures?

Rufus: Monster's huh? We'd kill them. (He smirks) Look Frax you aren't the only one undercover. Everyone that works here is in the same situation you're in more or less.

Frax: I see.. Why do we have to act undercover though? It won't solve anything. Monsters will continue to come and we'll only fend them off instead of attacking at the source.

Rufus: That's one way to think about it. But honestly, I don't know either I'm just sure there's a good reason for what Doc has us do. You've also gotta get your mind out of bootcamp. You were training for war but right now you're in a whole different situation. We aren't up against just normal humans it's like you said. "Monsters".

Frax: Frax nodded slightly as he understood what Rufus was saying to hm. He let out a sigh. Maybe I can convince him otherwise.

Rufus: ...What are you planning?
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Monster Business Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Business   Monster Business Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Business

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Main Attraction :: Story Rp-
Create free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com